Sunday, September 25, 2011

alsa no sound after suspend in Lucid Ubuntu

After suspendig today I noticed that my alsa was gone and I cannot hear any sound coming out of the sound card.

I tried to run the force load the alsa and everything went back, so here is how to fix the problem:




1) create a file /etc/pm/power.d/10_alsa-restart
2) edit the file add the following
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/alsa force-reload
3) save the file and make it executable.


sudo chmod 755 /etc/pm/power.d/10_alsa-restart 


5) On the next Reboot and you are done.


NB I saved by accident in /etc/pm/sleep.d/ and this will create suspend to stop because of the restart of alsa which will simply result in a locked screen which is something that some people experienced.




ciao alex barchiesi (lxphotostudio.mine.nu)

1 comment: